Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cuil & Social Search

I think Cuil is pretty neat. Basically it's a social search that allows you to see information from people who are in your network. If you search "travel," then Cuil will detect people's statuses and profiles who are in your network. It's helpful because you can connect with people who are experts, people who share similar interests, or people who have had experiences that interest you. It is a little scary too though because it blurs the lines of privacy. I'm not sure if I want my status updates and whatnot to show up in a search engine for all the world to see. I recognize how this can be useful, but I'm not sure if I would use it. It's like Google but allows you to search the profiles of people in your network.

No comments:

Post a Comment