Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Skype

Hi! This week, I have been thinking a lot about Skype. I use Skype to chat with my fiance, family, and friends. Being able to use a webcam is pretty awesome. Sometimes I am just amazed at how far technology has come. It really helps to be able to actually see the person I am talking to instead of just talk with them over the phone. Webcams really break the communication barrier where we otherwise are unable to read facial cues. I did have one idea that I am sure will make its way into the industry at some point - integrating skype capabilities into cell phones! I think they have some form of video calling on landline telephones, but it would be awesome to have video calling on cell phones as well. I am sure it will be the iPhone that comes out with it next. It seems like Apple is constantly coming out with products that have been upgraded with a few new features. I always wonder why they can't just wait until they have a BUNCH of new features and THEN come out with the new product. I guess that's just the way the market works - when there's a technological breakthrough (however small), there's always an opportunity to make money $$.

Well, that's all for tonight. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment