Saturday, October 24, 2009

FaceCloak

There is this new plug-in for Facebook & Firefox that hides some of your information posted on Facebook from the public. It sounds kind of confusing to me. I am not sure if I fully understand it, but if you post your address for example, you can type "@@" in front of it to make it private. So, when people other than your friends view your profile, FaceCloak will insert some sort of random gibberish in place of it. Sounds like a good idea, but I am just wondering why people do not just adjust their privacy settings in the first place. There is an option on Facebook to have your profile only visible to Friends. Again, I am not sure if I am understanding it correctly, but it seems to be a good idea since there have been so many instances where students & professionals have gotten into trouble based on what they have posted on their Facebook profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment