Wednesday, November 4, 2009

iPhone

I really want an iPhone. I have AT&T and all, but I am just waiting until I'm up for renewal so I can get an iPhone. I've been reading a lot lately on all the cool apps they have for iPhone. There's one in particular I read about on the MIT Tech Review. It's called Smart.fm, and it's basically a language-learning appplication. It's different from other similar programs or apps because it finds multiple ways to present the info to the user and in what context. It also uses images and sounds which I think are really useful. In my opinion, using images and sounds is more effective because it allows the brain to associate the image or sound directly with the foreign word. The way most learn a language is translating what the image or sound is in english then to the foreign language which is not very efficient. Training the brain to instantly associate the image/sound with the foreign language is much quicker and more helpful to learning the language. Smart.fm also has a social aspect to it. It allows users to add their own lists and comment on other user's list as well. Sounds awesome. Just one more reason why I need to get the iPhone...!

No comments:

Post a Comment